As we look toward the future, social media continues to play an increasingly important role in online marketing strategies. With over 1 billion Instagram active users, Instagram marketing has become one of the most popular marketing methods for businesses and influencers alike. One of the most effective ways to promote your brand on Instagram is through branded content. In this comprehensive guide, we’ll walk you through everything you need to know about using Instagram branded content in 2024, including its definition, a step-by-step guide, and tips for success. Whether you’re just starting or looking to optimize your existing branded content strategy, this guide has everything you need to take your Instagram marketing to the next level in 2024.
What is Instagram Branded Content?
Instagram branded content is a type of paid partnership between a brand and an influencer or creator on Instagram. Simply put, it’s a promotional post where the influencer promotes a brand’s product or service on their Instagram account and is paid for it. The post is marked with a “paid partnership” tag, indicating that the post is a sponsored advertisement. This means the person who shared it has a business relationship with the mentioned brand. It also means that the influencer has received something in return for the post. Depending on the partnership, what the brand offers in exchange could be money, products, discounts, etc.
Here is Instagram’s post about Instagram branded content:
Using a partner business tag among influencers is getting more common. By including such a feature for influencers and brands, Instagram makes its platform an authentic brand introduction source.
What are the benefits of Using Instagram Branded Content?
There are several benefits to using Instagram Branded Content, both for businesses and influencers. It helps influencers introduce their sponsorship when posting and is beneficial for businesses to gather information about the performance of their sponsored content campaigns.
Here are some of the key advantages of leveraging branded content Instagram :
- Increased Reach: Partnering with influencers allows brands to tap into their engaged audience, which can help increase the reach, brand awareness, and visibility of your content, driving more traffic and sales.
- Targeted Advertising: IG branded content provides a way to reach a highly targeted audience based on their interests, location, age group, and other demographic factors.
- Authenticity: Branded content on Instagram is often seen as more authentic than traditional advertising, as the content is promoted by somebody who has built a relationship with their followers and is genuinely interested in the product or service they are promoting.
- Cost-effective: Influencer marketing can often be more cost-effective than traditional advertising, as brands can work with influencers at varying levels of reach and pricing.
- Increased Engagement: Because branded content often involves influencers creating highly engaging and visually stunning sponsored posts, it can help create more engagement with your brand and increase audience participation.
- Trust and Credibility: Influencers are viewed as trusted sources of information and can be more effective at driving a higher level of trust toward your brand.
Overall, Instagram Branded Content is an opportunity to create high-quality and visually appealing posts that capture a highly engaged and targeted audience while promoting a strong sense of authenticity and credibility for both the brand and the influencer.
Step-by-Step Guide to Using Instagram Branded Content as a brand
If you are brand looking to incorporate Instagram branded content into your marketing strategy, here is a simple step-by-step guide to help you get started:
Step 1: Determine your Goals
Before you begin the process of finding influencers and creating branded content, it’s essential to identify your goals for this campaign. Do you want to increase sales, drive website traffic, or increase brand awareness? Knowing your goals will help guide your decisions throughout the process, from selecting the right influencers to creating the content for your campaign.
Step 2: Identify the Right Influencers
The key to successful branded content on Instagram is finding the right influencer who aligns with your brand’s values and has an engaged audience that matches your target demographic. Look for influencers who are relevant to your industry and niche, and have an engaged following that aligns with your target market.
You can search for your desired influencers through Ainfluencer’s AI search engine. Ainfluencer is a %100 FREE influencer marketplace full of brands and influencers ready to connect and collaborate. You can use this DIY marketplace and run thousands of influencer marketing campaigns with your desired influencers.
Step 3: Discuss the Collaboration
Once you have identified the right influencer, you should reach out to them to discuss the collaboration. You can use Ainfluencer’s chat box and contact influencers on the platform.
The collaboration details should include things like specific content requirements, timelines, compensation, and the goals you have set for the campaign. Clear communication and setting expectations upfront will help ensure a smooth collaboration process and make sure you get the results that you want.
Step 4: Create the Branded Content
Once the collaboration details have been agreed upon with the influencer, it’s time to move on to creating sponsored content on Instagram for your campaign. This can include anything from photos to videos or Instagram Story ads. Make sure the content is highly engaging and aligns with your brand’s messaging.
Step 5: Promote the Branded Content
Once the Instagram branded content is created and approved, it’s time to publish it on both the influencer’s page and your own brand’s page. Make sure the post is clearly marked with the “paid partnership” tag to comply with FTC guidelines. Cross-promote on all your brand’s social media channels, and make sure to engage with your audience in the comments.
Step 6: Track and Measure Results
The last step is to track and measure the success of your Instagram branded content campaign. Use tools like Instagram Insights and Google Analytics to measure the success of your content and determine if you have met your goals. Based on the results, you can optimize future Instagram partnerships more effectively.
Step by Step Guide to Using Instagram Branded Content as an influencer
As an influencer, Instagram branded content can be a powerful way to monetize your social media presence and collaborate with brands you love. Here’s a step-by-step guide to help you get started with the Instagram branded content tool:
Step 1: Build Your Following
The first step in becoming an influencer on Instagram is building a following. Focus on creating high-quality content that resonates with your audience, engaging with your followers, and growing your following organically. The more engaged your audience is, the more attractive you’ll appear to brands looking to collaborate.
Step 2: Identify the Right Brands
Once you have an engaged following, the next step is to identify the right brands that align with your values and audience. Look for brands that you are genuinely interested in and would like to promote. Check if the brand has any influencer programs or if they’re open to collaboration. Some brands might express interest in collaborating through direct messaging.
You can also download the Ainfluencer app, sign up, explore thousands of brand campaigns, and make offers.
Step 3: Discuss the Collaboration
Once you have identified a brand that you’d like to collaborate with, you should reach out to them to discuss the collaboration details. This includes deciding on the type of content you’d like to make, the timeline for publishing, the compensation, and any calls to action that should be included in the post. Clear communication will help ensure both parties are on the same page.
Step 4: Create the Branded Content
After agreeing on collaboration details with the brand, it’s time to create the content for the sponsored post. Make sure to align the content with the brand messaging while also maintaining your own unique style and voice.
Step 5: Publish and Promote
Once the content is approved, it’s time to publish the branded content on your Instagram account. Make sure to clearly mark the post with the “paid partnership” tag to comply with FTC guidelines. You can also share the content on other social media channels. Do not forget to engage with your audience in the comments.
Step 6: Track and Measure Results
Finally, you need to track the results of your Instagram branded content campaign. Instagram Insights or other third-party tools can track the post’s performance and determine if it has achieved the set goals. You can optimize future collaborations to be more successful based on the results.
How To Use Instagram Branded Content?
For businesses and brands:
As a brand or business, all you need is a business account on Instagram to get tagged in branded content posts by your partners, influencers, or brand ambassadors.
- Go to “Setting” and tap on “Business.” Now you’re in the new section, “Set Up Branded Content Tools.”
- Tap Enable.
- Now, whenever an influencer requests sponsored content for your account, immediately tap “Approved Accounts” under the “Require Approval” button.
- Here you can verify accounts to create sponsored content for you.
Once you accept anyone, they can tag you in posts.
You will receive a notification via Facebook and Instagram when they tag you in a post (using the “Paid Partnership” feature.)
If they tag you in an Instagram-sponsored Story, you will also receive a notification via Instagram Direct.
After accessing branded content tools as an influencer, you can start tagging brands in your sponsored posts.
- If it’s a regular Instagram post, start by selecting “Advanced Settings” on the last step before sharing a new post. If it is in an Instagram Story, tap the “link” button at the page’s top.
- In either case, you will see the new “Branded Content” section. Select the “Tag Business” button.
- Here you can search for the business you want to tag in your post or Story. If jobs need to be approved first, they will be displayed in the “Require Approvals” section after they are selected.
- Once a business approves you, you will find it in the “Branded Content” section in “Advanced Settings.” Taping their name will add them to your post or story.
How To Remove Sponsored Tags
There are two ways:
- The first option is to use Business Manager on your Facebook page. To remove the tag, you can select the “Posts tab” or the “Stories tab.” Then click on the down arrow next to the Instagram Influencer category. Finally, click the “Remove Tag” button.
- The second option is to delete the tag within Instagram. First, you need to click on the three dots at the top right of the post. Select the “Remove Me from Post” option, and Instagram will remove the tag.
Best Practices for Instagram Branded Content in 2024
As with any marketing strategy, there are certain best practices to keep in mind to make the most out of your branded content on Instagram in 2024:
- Tailor content for different channels: Different types of sponsored content will perform better on different channels. For example, short Instagram Reels might be more successful on Instagram than longer YouTube videos. Make sure you’re tailoring your content to best fit the channel you’re using.
- Emphasize quality over quantity: Don’t just aim to produce a lot of branded content; make sure it is high-quality and well-executed. Your audience is more likely to remember and engage with a piece of branded content that is impressive and interesting rather than forgettable and generic.
- Consider micro influencers: Micro influencers are becoming increasingly popular in the world of influencer marketing. These individuals might have smaller social media followings rather than other types of influencers, but they often have highly engaged audiences within a specific niche. By partnering with micro influencers, you can tap into an engaged audience for a relatively lower cost.
- Build long-term relationships with influencers: Working with the same influencers multiple times can be beneficial for both you and the influencer. Over time, they will become more familiar with your brand and can create content that is even more aligned with your messaging. Additionally, by building a strong relationship, you’re likely to benefit from increased loyalty and a more dedicated following.
When it comes to implementing branded content on Instagram in 2024, it’s important to remember that quality and authenticity are key. By focusing on building meaningful partnerships with influencers, creating well-executed content, and being transparent with your audience, you can use branded content to effectively promote your brand on one of the world’s most popular social media platforms.
In conclusion, Instagram branded content is a powerful tool that businesses and influencers can leverage to connect with their target audience, increase brand visibility, and drive engagement. As Instagram continues to grow, it’s essential to stay on top of the latest trends and best practices in order to make the most out of your Instagram partnerships. From finding the right influencers to tracking and measuring performance, this guide provides a comprehensive roadmap that will help you navigate the world of Instagram branded content successfully in 2024 and beyond. So what are you waiting for? Start creating your own Instagram branded content campaigns today and watch your brand soar!
There could be several reasons why you might not be able to use Instagram’s branded content tools. Here are a few common reasons:
-You are not an influencer or content creator who is authorized by Instagram to use its Brand Collabs Manager in order to use branded content tools.
-You are not a business or creator account on Instagram to use branded content tools.
-You are not following Instagram’s policy guidelines for branded content, including properly disclosing partnerships and promotional content.
-You may be facing a technical glitch or error on the app. In that case, try logout and logging in again to check.
If you believe you meet all the requirements and still can’t use the branded content tools, contact Instagram’s support team for further assistance.
There is no exact number of followers required for branded content on Instagram as it varies from brand to brand and influencer to influencer. However, generally, brands tend to work with influencers having at least 10K followers.