Brands are always looking for new and innovative ways to increase brand awareness and reach their target audiences. Instagram is a great platform for them to do so, as about 44% of people use it to shop weekly. There are different ways to work with brands as an influencer or brand ambassador to help them promote their products and services.
In this article, we’ll show you how to collab with brands and walk you through its steps.
What is an Instagram Collaboration?
Before explaining how to collab with brands, you need to realize its definition. An Instagram collaboration is when two or more Instagram users team up to create a post or series of posts together. It allows you to invite another user to collaborate on a Feed post or Reel so that the post shows up on both of your profiles.
These Instagram collaborations mostly happen between brands and brand ambassadors.
What is a brand ambassador?
A brand ambassador is a person who promotes a company’s products or services to its audience. They may do this through both online content, such as blog posts and social media posts, and offline content, such as appearances at events and meet-and-greets.
Experienced brand ambassadors know well how to collab with brands on Instagram and use its benefits.
What are the benefits of brand collaboration?
Brands collaborate for several reasons, but the benefits are always clear. When done correctly, Instagram collaborations can offer several benefits for both parties involved.
Collecting and accumulating the likes, comments, and engagement from both accounts on a single post is one of the benefits.
For brands, collaborating with influencers or other companies can help them increase their visibility and reach a larger audience. Studies show that about 61% of people trust recommendations from influencers rather than brands.
Increased sales, expanded market share, and improved customer loyalty are the other advantages that come with successful brand partnerships.
There are also many benefits of collaborating with brands on Instagram for influencers. It’s a great way to make money and get exclusive access to new products or content.
Knowing how to collab with brands successfully can be an excellent opportunity for influencers to try out new things, share their experiences with their followers, and keep their audience engaged.
How large should you be before working with brands?
Now that you know the benefits of collaborating with brands on Instagram, as an influencer, you have to analyze your account and see how you can be a good option for brands.
There’s no rule or an actual number of followers to have when it comes to working with brands, but having about 10k followers can be reasonable for starting your collaboration.
Aside from the number of your followers, there are some essential things to consider. Get to know your followers and make sure you are producing high-quality content. Brands mostly care about your engagement rate and want to work with people who have influence and a high engagement rate.
How to find a brand for an Instagram collaboration?
When you want to learn how to work with brands as an influencer and become proficient in collaborating with brands on Instagram, one of the most important things to do is to find a brand that is a good fit for your niche and audience. But how?
Here are the two best ways to see how to find brands to work with on Instagram:
1. Use marketing platforms
Influencer marketing platforms, such as Ainfluencer, are a great way for new influencers to learn how to work with brands as an influencer, get in touch with different types of brands and build strong partnerships.
Ainfluencer is the smartest and easiest platform for influencers to connect with brands and initiate collaborations.
Influencers can freely create a profile, make offers on branded content ads in the Ad Marketplace, and connect with brands to execute marketing campaigns right in the app.
You can also wait for brands to invite you to their ads. You can then negotiate with them and accept or decline their offers.
2. Search brands
You can also search different keywords on Google or Instagram and come up with several brands’ names related to your niche. Then you can contact them via DM or email and let them know why you are a good fit for them for Instagram collaboration.
How to use Instagram’s collabs feature?
By learning how to collab with brands, you can team up with other brands to create sponsored content. Instagram collaboration feature lets you invite someone to collaborate on a feed post and Reels so that both you and the account you’re collaborating with can share the same content with their followers. Here’s how to use this feature:
First, you need to upload your post as usual. You should then tap on the “tag” option, and then on the bottom right, click on the “invite collaborator.” Next, enter the name of the brand you want to collaborate with and click “Search.” If the brand is found, it will appear in the list below. Select the brand and then click “Next.”
Now, enter information about your proposed collaboration in your caption. Be sure to include a brief description of what you’d like to do, as well as what you think the benefits are. When you’re finished, click “Submit.”
After posting your content, an invitation will be sent to the collaborator through their DMs.
You can only collab with one person, and that person needs to accept your collab request.
Tips for collaborating with brands
Now that we’ve covered how to collaborate with brands, let’s walk through some tips together:
- Create useful and informational content to grab your audiences’ attention and make your account valuable for brands.
- When you have at least 10K followers and a reasonable engagement rate, do not wait for brands to find you. Whenever you see a related brand, shot your shoot. They may accept or refuse your offer.
- Think about what you can offer the brands. What do you have that they need? Maybe you have a large audience or a great sense of style. Whatever it is, think about how you can use it to help the brand.
- Ensure that your account aligns well with the brands you’re interested in partnering with. If you’re not sure if the brand is a good fit, do some research first!
- Collaborate with brands you believe in, and don’t lose your credibility, which can be gained by so much time and effort.
- When collaborating with brands on Instagram, consider all paid and unpaid benefits of working with that company as well as its other pros and cons.
- Make sure to tag each other in posts and use the appropriate hashtags so that followers can easily find your content.
- Put enough time and make a brand ambassador contract to agree on all expectations and responsibilities of both parties before starting your partnership.
Instagram collaboration ideas and examples
Collaborating with brands on Instagram can be a great way to reach new audiences and grow your account. Here are some ideas for collaborations and examples of brands that have worked together successfully.
- Create a themed takeover. A themed takeover is when you take over the brand’s account for a day and post about them on your own account. This is a great way to introduce your followers to the brand and vice versa.
2. Hosting a contest or giveaway after learning how to collab with brands can be a great way to get more people interested in your account. The brand can provide the prize, and you can promote the contest on your account.
Here is an example of a collaborated giveaway post:
3. Do affiliate marketing and offer products at a discount with your special code.
Look at the following post of Laura Kasperzak, sharing a promo code while collaborating with a brand:
4. Share user-generated content (UGC) by giving your followers a clear call to action and using sponsored hashtags.
You can see hashtags such as #sponsred and #ad in the following Instagram collaboration post.
In conclusion, learning how to collab with brands on Instagram can be great for both brands and brand ambassadors to reach new audiences and grow their business. However, as an influencer collaborating with brands on Instagram, it’s essential to ensure that you are selective about the brands you work with and that the collaboration aligns with your brand values.
When executed correctly, Instagram collaborations can be a powerful tool for marketing your business. Using marketing platforms such as Ainfluencer makes this process easier for you.
To invite a collaborator on Instagram, upload your post as usual and tap on the “tag” option. On the bottom right, click on the “invite collaborator,” enter the name of the brand you want to collaborate with, and click “Search.” If the brand is found, it will appear in the list below. Select the brand and click “Next.” Post your content, and the invitation will be sent to the collaborator through their DMs.
If the Collab feature is not working for you, update your Instagram app and make sure that you are using the latest version. Also, check if the collab feature is available in your country.