When it comes to being famous on Instagram, getting verified on it is very important these days.
The most noticeable point is knowing the tips and tricks you can use to get verified on Instagram for free.
At first look, it might seem a little bit complicated and difficult. If you don’t know how to be verified on Instagram, you can miss the great opportunity of proving your self-image and making money on the platform.
This article explains how to become verified on Instagram with critical tips and advantages.
In case you want to generate more money from your Instagram page without getting verified on Instagram, Ainfluencer can help you grow as an influencer.
What does Instagram verification mean?
T get verified on Instagram means gaining the blue checkmark for your Instagram account to prove how valuable you are.
It can further help with gaining users’ trust and making your profile authentic.
If you want to appear as the right person, influencer, and brand, being verified on Instagram can help you stand out among many notable public figures, celebrities, or international brands.
Can an ordinary person get verified on Instagram?
There are some requirements for everyone to get verified on Instagram. A user needs to have the six essential factors below to become a verified Instagram account.
6 essential factors for receiving a blue tick
1. Be authentic
Your Instagram account should indicate who you are. For example, a real person, registered business, or brand.
2. Be unique
Your account must represent a unique person or business to get Instagram verification. It means you should only request verification for one account, with exceptions for language-specific accounts.
3. Be public
Only public Instagram accounts can qualify for getting verified on Instagram.
4. Be Complete
Having an optimized Instagram bio is vital for your page’s validation and identity. Finish setting up your profile. It is crucial to have a complete Instagram bio, profile photo, and more than one post.
5. Be Famous
Your Instagram account must represent a notable name. Either your personal or business name should be highly searched for and well-known. Random people are not allowed to get an Instagram verified account.
6. Be realistic
Incorrect or misleading information while requesting for Instagram blue tick will get you nowhere. In that case, your verified badge will be removed and go in suspension or even a permanent ban from Instagram.
With these factors in mind, it may be difficult for an ordinary person to qualify for an Instagram blue badge.
How to get verified on Instagram for free (8 easy steps)
The steps are simple for requesting a blue check on Instagram:
- Go to your Instagram profile by tapping on your profile photo at the bottom-right corner.
- Tap on the menu icon at the top-right corner of your profile.
- Go to settings located at your screen’s bottom-right, then select account from the settings menu.
- Scroll down until you see Request Verification, then tap it.
- A form opens with your account name. Add your Full Name, Known as, and Category.
- Next, select Choose File to attach a photo of your ID. If you don’t have it, open your camera and take a clear photo of your document ID.
- Finally, press the blue Send button at the bottom of the screen to submit your verification request to Instagram.
Note: You need to upload a driver’s license, passport, or national identity card as a person. Other official documents, including tax filing, article of incorporation, or even a recent utility bill, are required for businesses.
6 benefits of getting verified on Instagram
The first advantage of getting verified on Instagram is that it adds authenticity to your account. As a result, you get to stand out among other profiles, and additional benefits will follow. The blue badge is necessary to prevent fake accounts, promote visibility, and significantly increase credibility.
Other advantages include:
- Increasing brand awareness
- Building a large following
- Catching more attention
- Having access to special features
- Proof that you are newsworthy
- Establishing a solid spot on other social media platforms
If you manage to receive the Instagram verification, you can make money easier as an influencer or brand. However, if you could not get verified on Instagram, try signing up on Ainfluencer and browse through thousands of premium branded offers to make significant revenue.
7 Essential tips for getting a blue tick on Instagram
- There is no set number of minimum followers for having a verified Instagram account. However, the more active Instagram accounts you have, the more probably to get the Instagram blue check.
- It costs nothing to be verified on Instagram.
- You can apply for only one account per person or a brand and several accounts in different languages.
- If your verification request is denied, you should wait for 30 days since your last application.
- Instagram, unfortunately, doesn’t announce why your blue badge application was rejected.
- Remember that your verification badge won’t be permanent if you advertise, transfer, or decide to sell it. Even if you try to get back your account blue check through a third party, Instagram won’t grant it again.
Generally, except for getting the Instagram blue badge, there are other ways to make your account appear like an official one. For instance, you can join Ainfluencer to be known as a famous influencer or a leading brand on Instagram.