Thanks to Instagram due to video call feature that could make it an all in one social media app to attract more users’ attention in the different age ranges. This Instagram video chat feature lets users make video chat one-on-one or with a group of people.
The importance of the Instagram video call feature is not weird for any users that motivated more people to prefer having access to this feature from their pc. But here the matter is that are all Instagram features available from pc?
In this blog, we explain how to do video chats on Instagram on PC or Mac.
How to video call on Instagram?
Making a video call on Instagram is like a piece of cake. A video chat starts with first opening your Instagram app and then log in to your account. The complete steps listed below:
- Go to your Instagram profile and tap on the home icon
- Tap airplane icon appears on the top right corner of the screen
- In the search bar, type the username or name of the person you want to make a call with
- if you had the conversation before your previous Instagram chat appears
- If you did not have any conversation, go one step back
- In the direct message section, tap on the pencil icon right top of the screen
- Type the name of the person, and select the option beside the name
- Tap on the blue chat button on the top right
- In the chat section, tap on the camera icon
- The video chat will be established
Tip: In that case, your friend can be notified of your video call if they are online and have turned on their video call notifications. Otherwise, later they will notice a missed call from you
How to make an Instagram video call on PC?
After learning to call on Instagram through your mobile, it would be more efficient and essential to find several ways to make an Instagram video call on pc from android emulators or other cloud-based platforms.
Bluestack is the fastest free android emulator for pc and mac, and popular for its safety. It simulates the space for running android applications to let people experience using their different social media apps from their pcs. Luckily it supports both windows and mac users to take advantage of its capabilities.
Before leaping into running Bluestack, there are 4 prerequisites for installing it successfully
- Your pc should have installed Microsoft Windows 7 or newer
- You need an up-to-date graphics driver
- An Intel or AMD processor
- At least 2 GB of RAM
- At least 5 GB of storage available
In this way, you can run Instagram on your pc through bluestack
- Surf the net for Bluestacks
- On the Bluestack home page, click “Download BlueStacks” to download the newest version
- After installing, launch the program
- Open the Google Play Store, search for the Instagram app, and install it.
- Open Instagram from the BlueStacks homepage and connect to your account
- Tap on the button located in the top right corner of your homepage.
- Now, click on the button from the top bar and select the person you want to call. Done
- Nox player
Nox app player is another free perfect android emulator that stimulates all android features and applications on your pc. It allows the users to run different kinds of android apps as well as games on a bigger screen on your computer. It provides users with a successful experience in getting less space in the computer memory and saves them extra space.
Prerequisites for installing Nox player
- Windows, anything above Windows XP and Vista supports
- Memory; only requires 1.5GB of RAM and 3 GB of disk space.
Here is how you can install Instagram on your PC through Noxplayer
- Download the free Nox App Player version www.bignox.com
- Open it and sign in to your google account
- Open Google Play Store and type Instagram
- Download Instagram on Nox Emulator and install it.
- Open Instagram app form the homepage and login into your Instagram account
- On your homepage, select the button on the top right corner.
- After that, click on the button from the top bar and find who you want to call
- Developer tool
You can access Instagram without using an emulator program. However, setting up an android application on pc in this way might seem more difficult. Developer tools such as ARC Welder and MEmu are highly effective software developers that enable people to run Android applications on Google Chrome for Windows, OS X, and Linux systems. It is a simple way for application testing that has millions of users around the world
Prerequisites for installing ARC Welder
First of all, you need to have downloaded APK files to successfully install ARC Welder on your desktop.
- One application should be run at one single time.
- As ARC Welder is based on Android 4.4, users need to test applications that support Android 4.4 or above.
Here is how you can install Instagram on your PC using ARC Welder
- Open your google chrome on your pc
- Download and run the ARC Welder application from the Google Chrome Store.
- Add a third-party APK file host.
- After downloading the APK app file on your laptop/PC, click Open.
- Search on Google Play for the Instagram app and copy its link.
- Paste the link on the APK Downloader website to access the APK file.
- Open ARC Welder and add the APK file.
- Select the mode “Phone” and ‘Tablet”–either of which you wish you run the application on.
- Click the “Launch App” button.
- The Instagram app is now installed; you can have a video call after logging into your Instagram profile