The importance of creating an Instagram business account is taking advantage of useful insights that let you know more about your audience and your marketing performance. An Instagram category is also one of the important features of a business account which is a kind of your Instagram handle because it specifies your business type.
But the important thing is that an Instagram business profile will make sense with an appropriate Instagram business category, making it a more authenticate business page. So, now you might wonder what the Instagram business category is?
I would say that it helps to clear your Instagram business niche in addition to a. People understand what content type you will share with on your Instagram page; moreover, Instagram identifies to which kind of users should show your content based on their previous engagement on similar Instagram business accounts.
This article walks you through 5 important tips to know more about Instagram business categories.
3 recommendations to pick up the right business category on Instagram
A business category search acts as Instagram people search with more than one thousand of categories. For instance, beauty search can show you the categories of Beauty, Cosmetic &Personal Care, Health/Beauty, Beauty Store, Beauty Salon, Beauty supplier, Hair Salon, and things like this.
In that case, Pick up the relevant niche based on the search result of Instagram business categories and then Update it.
- Consider your category or niche based on most customers’ interests.
- Categories list can give you a view at the niche you want to have on Instagram
- Do accurate research on keywords to find the best category.
What is Instagram Business Category?
Actually, it shows which type of Instagram business you have, and it places at the top of your Instagram bio and under your Instagram username. If you select the business category best fits your Instagram page activity, you will connect to the right target audience.
How to add your Instagram Business category?
First of all, you need to consider which Instagram niche you wan to work on and then choose the most relevant category. It is essential to pay attention that before doing this action, you should have the business account or creator account because this feature(business categories) is unavailable for personal profiles
To add it you need to follow the steps below:
- At first, Click the three-dot button ( menu ) at the top right corner of the screen
- Then go to your profile settings
- Next click on Account
- After that, scroll down to the end and click on “Switch to Professional Account.”
- Finally, a page appears asking you a Creator or Business, select Business
- Now tap on the continue buttons, Instagram asks you to find a category for your business.
How to edit your Instagram Business category?
Sometimes it is necessary to update your business category based on your Instagram marketing. Generally, changing your Instagram business category is an easy task that you can do whenever you need it, but try to avoid overdoing because you would better have a consistent business Instagram account.
- Open your Instagram app and tap on Edit Profile
- Right below the “Edit profile.” In the profile information part, Click on the name of your business category.
- Now you can search for every category you want.
How to remove your Instagram Business category?
I know some different reasons are behind removing your Instagram category. Whatever it is, I should explain it to simply remove it.
Follow the steps below to remove your business category:
- Step 1) Tap on Edit profile from your Instagram feed
- Step 2) Below “Profile Display,” you can turn off the category label, and after that, it will disappear from your page.
20 Number of most-used Instagram Business Categories
- Personal Blog
- Public Figure
- Shopping & Retail
- Beauty, Cosmetic &Personal Care
- Makeup Artist
- Business consultant
- Food and Beverage
To sum up, I know that all Instagram businesses find the smartest, fastest, and easiest way to grow their brands but with this category, features make your brand more authentic.