TikTok creators who share their creativity can receive support from the TikTok Creator Fund, turning their creativity into a potential career. This fund rewards TikTok influencers for creating amazing videos on the platform.
While the Creator Fund on TikTok was first announced in June 2020, some TikTok users are still determining if there are better ways to make money on TikTok from their content. Don’t worry; we’ll explore all necessary topics in this regard.
Keep reading to understand the ins and outs of the TikTok Creator Fund and how to join the creator fund on TikTok.
Let’s get started!
What Is TikTok Creator Fund?
TikTok made a special fund to pay creators for their videos. They say it’s to reward creators for their amazing videos and creativity.
At first, TikTok launched $70 million to creators in July 2020. This was to help and pay creators who followed specific rules for making TikTok trend videos. Instead of sharing ad money, TikTok created the Creator Fund to encourage people to create content on the app. I think it is a great way!
But there is a big question: Who can apply for the TikTok creator fund?
TikTok Creator Fund Requirements
To be part of the Creator Fund, you must meet specific criteria. Here are the conditions:
- Be a legal resident of the U.S., U.K., Germany, Italy, France, or Spain
- Be at least 18 years old
- Have a TikTok account with at least 10,000 real followers (not bought)
- Get at least 100,000 real views on your videos in the 30 days before applying
- Follow TikTok’s user terms and community guidelines
- Link your account to a digital payment plan in your name to receive compensation
You may also consider:
How to Join the TikTok Creator Fund?
If you’re eligible, you can apply for the TikTok Creator Fund by following steps:
- Open the app and go to your profile.
- Tap the three lines in the top right.
- Choose Creator Tools.
- Pick Creator Fund.
- Read and agree to the terms.
- Tap Apply.
That’s it! Pretty straightforward, right?
You’ve now learned how to apply for the Creator Fund on TikTok. But what if you were rejected? Let’s see!
Can You Reapply for TikTok Creator Fund If You Were Rejected?
The answer is yes! If your application was declined by mistake and you still meet all the requirements and follow the TikTok rules, you can try applying again after 30 days.
How Much Does the TikTok Creator Fund Pay?
Determining how much TikTok pays is like asking about the length of a piece of string – it varies. The amount a creator earns depends on factors like their number of followers, how engaged their audience is, and the monetization tools they use. Essentially, the more followers you have, the higher your potential earnings.
How Much Does TikTok Creator Fund Pay for Views?
Well, top creators say TikTok pays around 2 to 4 cents for every 1,000 views through the Creator Fund. So, if a video gets a million views, that’s $20 to $40.
Even though these amounts may seem small, creators often boost their earnings by getting money from ads, sponsored posts, affiliate posts, and selling their own stuff. Take Alex Ojeda, for instance; he charges $20,000 for brands to show a sponsored video to his 8.4 million followers.
To make good money on TikTok itself, creators need to make videos that go viral on TikTok consistently, which requires time, hard work, and a lot of experimenting.
How Is the Creator Fund on TikTok Calculated?
Well, the TikTok Creator Fund calculator has a flexible payment system, and it’s a bit tricky. The important thing that affects how much you get paid for a video is how many real people watch it.
But there are other things TikTok looks at when figuring out your earnings:
- Where the views are from.
- How many people engage with your video.
- If you follow the rules and guidelines of the TikTok community.
Creator Fund on TikTok Pros & Cons
Are you wondering if the Creator Fund on TikTok fits you well? Check out the advantages and disadvantages to help you decide.
Tik Tok Creator Fund Pros
- Earn for Your Content: Get paid for the awesome TikTok videos you’re already making.
- No Impact on Views: Joining the Creator Fund won’t affect how many people watch or engage with your videos.
- Inspiration to Create: The Creator Fund inspires users to make more content.
- Flexible Exit: If the Creator Fund isn’t working for you, you can opt out with no long-term commitment.
- No Restrictions: Unlike working with brands, there are no limits on who you can partner with or what kind of content you can create.
- Potential Changes: Since TikTok is always evolving, being part of the Creator Fund on TikTok might lead to increased payouts or access to new features.
Tik Tok Creator Fund Cons
- Low Payouts: Some creators find the payouts insufficient for a decent income.
- Uncertain Earnings: There’s no official way to know how much you’ll earn from the Creator Fund, making creating content that boosts your earnings challenging.
- Explore Alternatives: Instead of relying solely on the Creator Fund, consider other options like the Creator Marketplace, AdSense, and brand sponsorships for income generation in the growing creator economy.
What Is the TikTok Creativity Program?
TikTok introduced the Beta version of the Creativity Program in February 2023. They made it better based on what they learned from the Creator Fund.
It’s like a new and improved way to reward TikTok creators. In the beginning, only some people got invites, but now, if you’re in the Creator Fund in the US, you can ask to join. But there are limited spots, and meeting the criteria doesn’t guarantee a spot.
How is the Creativity Program different from the Creator Fund?
Well, there are a few things that set them apart:
- Video Length: To make money from the Creativity Program, your videos need to be longer than 60 seconds. This is probably to keep TikTok content special and not let creators reuse stuff on other platforms like YouTube Shorts.
- Availability: While the Creator Fund is limited to certain countries, the Creativity Program is even more restricted. Right now, it’s only in the US, France, and Brazil.
- Dashboard: The Creativity Program has a better dashboard than the Creator Fund. It gives creators more info about their earnings.
- Estimates: You can estimate your earnings based on your current views.
- Metrics: TikTok shows you which videos qualify for the program, how many views are qualified, and how much you’ll earn for every 1,000 views on each video.
Note: If you create content on TikTok and want to boost your earnings, there’s a free method. You can use an influencer marketing platform to discover brands keen to work with you. Keep reading to find the top influencer marketing tool.
Ainfluener: Free Influencer Marketing Platform
Ainfluencer is a free marketplace that makes influencer marketing easier for brands and influencers. It provides valuable features for creators on TikTok, regardless of their influencer status.
The platform is free to use and allows influencers to connect with various campaigns to earn money. It stands out as an end-to-end solution, enabling unlimited offers and negotiating deals. Moreover, regular payouts are also part of its values.
Sign Up Now and make your first deal to make more money on TikTok!
To Wrap Things Up
In this article, we’ve provided a complete guide about the TikTok Creator Fund. According to our review, it has more benefits than drawbacks, and if it doesn’t suit you, you can easily leave. The fund is a good method to make some extra money for your content and might give you the chance to be one of the first to try out new launches, such as the Creativity Program.
Another good method to make money on TikTok is to join Ainfluencer and collaborate with brands!
Fortunately, some of the top creators on TikTok have shared how much money they make from the platform. The TikTok Creator Fund seems to pay around 2 to 4 cents for every 1,000 views. So, for a million views, creators typically earn just $20 to $40.
The way the money is shared and paid out from the fund is unclear, even after three years. Imagine it like a pie that gets divided daily depending on how well creators are doing and how many videos are being made. The portion you get depends on how much of an impact you, as a creator, have.