Everything about Macro Influencers
Macro-influencers have about 100,000 to 1 million followers. For many brands, these types of influencers are the best and most ideal option.
- First, they have a very large audience with a high engagement rate, and usually, macro-influencers work in a specific area of expertise and are proficient in that area.
- Second, the followers of these types of influencers are usually very close to their field of activity and are people who have gathered over time and are the most pristine target market.
Macro-influencers are between the two categories of mega-influencer and micro-influencer.
This means that one can both count on increasing brand awareness and that their audience can be placed in a more general category. Remember that if you are going to work with macros, they have a reasonable interaction rate, otherwise, it is as if you have a contract with Mega Influence, which does not have many viewers. Also, although the cost of working with macro-influencers is lower than their Mega counterparts, they still require a large portion of your budget.
Macro-influencers know their audience well and have gained a very good understanding of them over the years. This is exactly why they know their audience’s interest well and do not like to lose their audience’s trust with a sponsored post that is irrelevant to the page. So never ask macro influencers for unrelated collaborations.
Benefits of working with Macro-influencers:
- Relevance: Macro-influencers have a very precise target market that can best respond to brands that are relevant to their field of activity.
- Accessibility: Many macro-influencers, in addition to having a high target audience, also have a high interaction rate, which is ideal for brands.
- Professionalism: These types of influencers are usually professional in creating quality content because they work with different brands, and you can leave your hands open for how to run a campaign and trust their professionalism.
What should we be careful about when working with macro-influencers?
- Credibility: Be sure to evaluate the influencer before starting the collaboration and monitor their previous collaborations with other brands, and even if you may get feedback from previous brands about the influencer.
- Engagement: The interaction rate is one of the most important influencing factors. Influencers with 800,000 to 900,000 followers may have very low interaction rates and not communicate with their audience at all. So be careful in this regard as well.
- Cost: Macro-influencers is one of the most popular types of influencers and probably have a lot to offer. That’s why the cost they charge you may be higher than the industry average.
How much do macro-influencers make?
- Nano-influencers – Free products or nominal amounts of money (up to $500).
- Micro-influencers – A couple hundred to a few thousand dollars ($200-$4,000).
- Mid-tier influencers – Anywhere from a couple thousand to ten thousand dollars ($2,000-$10,000).
- Macro-influencers – A few thousand to several thousand dollars ($5,000-$25,000).
- Mega-influencers – Several thousand to hundreds of thousands ($10,000-$150,000).
- Celebrities – Several thousand to several hundred thousand dollars ($20,000-$500,000).
What is the difference between micro-macro and mega influencers?
Mega Influencers are A-list celebrities on social and in real life. Their following spans over 1M. Macro Influencers are professional creators with a strong passion for a particular subject. This tier’s following ranges between 10K and 999K.
How to choose the best influencer for our next campaign?
- Mega Influencer: If the goal of your campaign is to increase brand awareness you do not have a budget limit, it is better to get help from mega influencers.
- Macro Influencer: If your campaign goal is to expand your target market and reach more audiences, use macro-influencers. Measure your ROI at the same time. Macro-influencers have a higher interaction rate than mega-influencers.
- Micro influences: If the goal of the campaign is to increase leads and conversion rates among a specific type of target audience, micro-influencers are the best option.
- Nano-influencers: Start-ups and brands that have less budget, as well as local brands that want to advertise in a specific geographical area, it is better to use Nano-influencers.
Influencers are divided into four categories in terms of popularity and number of followers, starting with mega and ending with Nano after macro and micro. It should not be mistaken that because mega-influencers have a large number of followers, they are more appropriate, and Nano does not work because they are less well known. Each type of influencer has advantages and disadvantages for cooperation, which we must consider considering all aspects and, of course, the goals we have in mind and according to your budget.